Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of Print quota on HP 2200DN

Implementation of Print quota on HP 2200DN

I have a network printer whose print queue is managed on a WinNT server4.0.
I have a domain and all domain users have a print right. I want to implement a limit on number of pages a user can print per day/month on the printer.
How this can be done??
Also can I put timing restriction for the user to use the printer ( i mean a certain user is alowed to print from 11.00 to 12.00 hrs of the day.)
I have already posted this on following thread-
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=572052
regards,
Rajesh
2 REPLIES
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Re: Implementation of Print quota on HP 2200DN

Rajesh,

Questionably, I don't think that NT Administrator settings are sophisticated enough to permit such individualised controls.

If paper consumption is the problem, your best option is to allocate a monthly paper-buget to each chief of office concerned.

Alain.

Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

Re: Implementation of Print quota on HP 2200DN