1745889 Members
5113 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Install Windows Server 2019 Essentials on HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 plus

Andreas42
Occasional Advisor

Install Windows Server 2019 Essentials on HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 plus

Hi, I cannot install OS on my new Gen 10 plus.

After downloading ISO file for Windows Server 2019 Essentials and creating installation media on bootable UEFI USB stick using Rufus

• Partition scheme: GPT;
  • Target system: UEFI (non-CSM);
  • File system: FAT32.

I run Intelligent Provisioning (with latest firmware) and choose OS install.

Verifying media source shows my USB stick.

Then on page "Chosse OS" as OS "MS Server 2019 Essentials" is selected.

But yellow warning box on the bottom of the screen shows this warning/error:

"Selected OS does not support this install source - recheclk the supported methofs in the help. Continuing might casue unexpected results."

Then I cannot continue.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Install Windows Server 2019 Essentials on HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 plus

Hello,

Try to install the OS manually or download the latest Intelligent Provisioning from the below link.

* RECOMMENDED * Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen10 and Gen10 Plus

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ec13f2a742ed47d4bced3e0521#tab-history

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andreas42
Occasional Advisor

Re: Install Windows Server 2019 Essentials on HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 plus

Hello,

is it possible to install Intellegent Provisioning driver from USB stick (of course using ISO) oder does it need to be a physical DVD?

is it possible ro install Windows 19 Server Essentials from USB stick or is it also necessary to burn a DVD?

So far I just tried USB sticks (two different ones) and failed. Do I need to buy an external DVD reader and connect it through USB?

Something I need to know here?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo