1752864 Members
4071 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Internet Explorer and Outlook

Tim Van Dusen
Advisor

Internet Explorer and Outlook

I have a Win2K SP2 machine with IE 6 and Office 2000 that no longer has any interactivity from the "Send Page" or "Send Link To" buttons in the IE 6 toolbar, Tools menu or File menu. IE is associated with Office in its default manner (Word for HTML editing etc.) and there has been no addition of thrid party software to the machine. I've looked through the Registry for any malformed keys or mis-associations there but I wasn't able to recognize any. Technet and the MS KnowledgeBase don't have anything that comes up with search terms I thought applicable, but I was hoping that someone here might have already run across this particular problem and sorted it out.

Appricate your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer and Outlook

there's an SP1 for ie6 FYI.
But in either case, I can only suggest verifying tools -> internet options -> programs.

Perhaps you should set back to defaults. The program AdAware is useful for checking registry hacks..

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Hi Tim
When you click on "File" "Send to..." are the buttons shadowed or they simply doesn't show up?
Jorge
Tim Van Dusen
Advisor

The buttons show up and react to mouse-overs and actions appropriately, they just don't bring up any of the software that they are supposedly associated with.

SP1 has been applied already to this machine, but Ad-Aware seems like a fairly good idea, I'll see what it says.