108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Jamie Hughes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Jamie Hughes

I just wanted to acknowledge Jamie Hughes' contributions to the Microsoft forums now that we've pushed him off the Top Members list. I believe Jamie was the HP moderator of the Microsoft forums. Perhaps he'll jump in here and let us know what's up with him. He has posted to the forums as recently as August. Hey Jamie!
When I joined ITRC in 2001, Jamie was the Top Member (Microsoft) with around 1200 points (and nobody close to him).It took us almost 5 years to move him down to 11th place.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
8 REPLIES 8
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

I neglected to post Jamie's profile link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/publicProfile.do?userId=CA488437&forumId=1

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Hi Roger,

Some people might not be aware of the various ways to look at ITRC stats, both personal history, and compared with other ITRC members.

The following link shows Jamie's week-by-week history. Note the insidious drop in rank, as other ITRC members surpass a stationary member:

http://www.volac.info/itrcstats/user_details.php?user_id=CA488437&show_others=

The next link shows that Jamie is currently ITRC Rank #356:

http://www.volac.info/itrcstats/users.php

- Jay
check Facebook
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Roger,

I forwarded your comments to Jamie via internal email. Maybe it'll prompt him to stop by and say hello...

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Roger,

David Unverhau sent me a copy of this posting so I wanted to drop in and say hello.

Wow, this is a nice message to receive and I can't believe people actually miss me! I remember your name Roger from the forums and I can't believe it's been 5 years since I was at the top of the Microsoft forum! How fast the mighty fall! LOL

Yes I used to be the HP moderator when we started up the Microsoft forum and at the time I was a reactive engineer taking telephone support calls for our contractual enterprise customers. I worked in the forums in my 'spare time' and really enjoyed doing it. I certainly learned a lot and it was a nice break to interact with customers I wouldn't ordinarily talk to on the phone.

I moved into a proactive account manager position about 5 years ago and needless to say, my activity in the forums was hard to keep up with while learning my new job, and I don't have as much spare time as I used to. Even though I've lost a lot of my technical skills, I still feel like I could contribute to the forums and I recently logged on to see how things were going. I sent the HP forums administrator an email asking if I could have my moderator access reinstated but they really don't want to do that unless I can commit to being a 'regular' contributor. I don't have time to do it on a regular basis so I decided to just be a regular forum user and when I have time, I'll try to help out.

It looks like the forum is going strong and there are a lot of great folks out here helping each other. Congratulations to all of you for your accomplishments and we appreciate your contributions.

I hope to stop by and help out when I can. Thanks for your kind words!

Jamie Hughes
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Welcome back Jamie!

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Hi Jamie:

Thanks for dropping by. I remember seeing your name at the top of the list with 1200+ points and thinking it would take half a lifetime to accumulate that many points. Now I'm just 350 points from being the first to accumulate 10,000 points in the Microsoft forums. I've gotten a lot out of helping out here. Microsoft has "discovered" a few of us here and honored us with Microsoft MVP status. It's unfortunate that HP (corporate) doesn't do a better job of acknowledging the value we provide. See what you can do to correct that when they make you CEO, will ya? ;-)

Thanks again and thanks to Dave for alerting you. Keep in touch.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Richard Darling
Trusted Contributor

Hi Roger,

I'm glad you brought Jamie up. Back in 2001 he helped me through some issues I was having sending email from my L1000 to my Exchange Server. He is a real top shelf guy who sent me many useful emails outside of the forum.

Glad to hear all is well with you, Jamie.

Richard
rdarling@southwickclothing.com
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Welcome back, Jamie. Your ideas have been missed for some time.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"