1752570 Members
5341 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Laptop N800x LCD display fault - distorted - vertical lines

David Atkinson
Advisor

Laptop N800x LCD display fault - distorted - vertical lines

This is just a message of information - summary information for all those out there with this seemingly widespread problem. HP will quote you and tell you to replace the entire LCD. In the overwhelming number of cases, this fauilt only needs a replacement cable which is not listed by HP/Compaq in their parts store against the model number. The part number that containes all the cables for all the screens fitted to the N800 series are contained within.
The part number you want is:
390436-001
Incidentally, if you ask fot this part number, they will be unable to confirm it fits the N800 series (and probably the presario 2800 too). Don't worry about it - just order it! It cost me ├В┬г66 in the UK - an absolute bargain when you consider the price of a replacement LCD.
Inside you will have 3 cables:
M15BR1.5
M15AR1.1
M14AR1.5
I still have the latter 2 unused if anyone needs one (├В┬г35 each delivered UK)
This is the flat ribbon cable routed under the left hinge trim. Picture attached
Good luck
David
3 REPLIES 3
Mohammed Al-mousawi

Re: Laptop N800x LCD display fault - distorted - vertical lines

hi man i need one from these cable and i living in Dubai and i have evo n800 and i have same problem
David Atkinson
Advisor

Sorry - sold it on eBay (to a chap in Taiwan)
If you want one I will have to order it from HP as a pack of 3 cables.
If you ahve anyone in the UK who can assist you, asked them to order one through HP on 0870 555 4556. Unfortunately, they will not ship to the Middle East.
At a push, I will assist you but I'm afraid this will cost you ├В┬г104 to buy and ship it to you in the UAE. If this is of help, then please let me know (I have emailed you as well).
All the best and good luck
David Atkinson
Advisor

This was for information only and related to all the of N800 series ( N800C , N800V , N800W ) which is what I meant by the x in the title.