108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Query: ML 350 Gen 10 Power Profile for Windows 2019 Hyper-V

SOLVED
Go to solution
AndreaRossi
Occasional Contributor

ML 350 Gen 10 Power Profile for Windows 2019 Hyper-V

Which is the correct Power Profile for Windows 2019 Hyper-V? I guess "Virtualization - Power Efficient" could be correct, as for Vmware ESX,. 

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ML 350 Gen 10 Power Profile for Windows 2019 Hyper-V

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 Server - Overview

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

AndreaRossi
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I can't understand where to find my answer in the ML 350 Gen 10 quickspecs.

I only found out that Hyper-V 2019 is supported.

MV3
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Good day!

Below are the suggested workload profiles for the OS environment you have mentioned.

Virtualization - Max Performance
This profile is intended to be used for virtualization environments. The profile ensures that all available virtualization options are enabled. 
Power management settings are disabled in favor of delivering maximum performance.

High Performance Compute (HPC)
This profile is intended for customers running in a traditional HPC environment. Typically, these environments are clustered environments where each node performs at maximum utilization for extended periods of time to solve large-scale scientific and engineering workloads. 
The default for our Apollo series servers, power management is typically disabled in favor of sustained available bandwidth and processor compute capacity. 
This profile is similar to the Low Latency profile except that some latency is accepted to achieve maximum throughput.

Please refer to Workload Profiles and performance options link : https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/proliant-gen10-uefi/GUID-0F617844-8783-4C74-B8A0-86246A1E723F.html

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo