Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Extender install driver issue

Ryan Squire
Occasional Visitor

Media Extender install driver issue

Every time I try to start media extender and connect it to me xbox 360, the computer says it needs to install drivers. it is the UMB\UMBUS driver that seems to need reinstalled.

I point the computer to look at c:\\windows and the driver installs, but then i get a weird error saying that it won't work right because the device is not listed in the device tree. what the heck???? i just want to be able to use media extender.... oh, this computer runs xp home premium.

Product
Driver software installation

Problem
Could not find driver software

Date
10/9/2007 7:08 PM

Status
Not Reported

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is UMB\UMBUS.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: UMB\UMBUS
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033