Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Not Working

Vanessa Weiss
Occasional Visitor

Microphone Not Working

Hello there, I seem to be having a problem with my built-in microphone. When I press the record button and talk into my microphone, nothing comes up on the computer. It records nothing, the microphone does not pick up sound. My brother had fixed this before i got a new harddrive, but I cannot fix it. I have a Compaq Presario 5000. Did anyone have this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, I checked to make sure my microphone was not muted.

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Ross Judd
Frequent Advisor

Re: Microphone Not Working

Is your microphone built-in to your monitor? Check and make sure the 1/8 in. miniplug is plugged into your soundcard.
I'm not very happy with HP 6640c or this so called forum that has no answers to anything!
NightHawk_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Microphone Not Working

Try going in to Control Panel, Click on Sounds and Media, and under audio and voice tab make sure your sound device has been selected. Hope this helps
Bite Me