1753288 Members
5649 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Missing DLL file.

Not applicable

Missing DLL file.

when I log on to my pavillion 750n I get you are missing one or more dll files what do I do.
7 REPLIES 7
Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

Try the Windows forum ;-)
mary tristan

when I log onto to my computor I get a message saying,"program will not run one or more required .dll files are missing."
I would appreciate a reply.
mary tristan

When I log onto my Compaq Presario computor using the Window Millennuim Edition I get a message stating,"program will not run one or more required .dll files are missin," help!
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Micheal,
Does it say what DLL file is missing or what program is missing a DLL file?

Mary,
You better start your own thread, then you can be helped specificly, you can post al link to this one in your own to say that is almost the same problem. If people help you and you want to award them with point you can not do this in this thread, only Micheal can do that.

Both of you have a nice day,
Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Deane Palliser
Advisor

Usually the error will indicate which DLL file is missing. DLL files are "library" files which encapsule certain 'windows' functions so that a given program doesn't have to deal with them. If you are missing a DLL file the usual cause is from copying a program instead of using its install and/or setup routine.
However sometimes these files can be lost for a number of other reasons including virus infection. I would run a complete scandisk and virus scan at your earliest convenience. If the dll file is a windows component it can be extracted and replaced from the original Windows disk. If it is a component from another program, re-install that software.
Colin Gomes
Advisor

hey ,
did ths problem occur from the time ur OS or the program was installed ? or recently ?
try reinstalling the program.
thanks, bye
Webshaman

Most .dll files are available for download at the following url:

http://www.dll-files.com/

Regards

Darren