1752808 Members
6059 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitor Going blank after Booting XP

syed_17
Frequent Advisor

Monitor Going blank after Booting XP

I have V-Tech Monitor which is going blank after loading Windows XP until just before the login screen. I have checked Monitor Cables and connector pins which are all looking nicely inplace ..I wonder why suddenly it started happening although It was working fine until I had stopped using it for a few months.Any ideas plzzz
4 REPLIES 4
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Quadn,
I do not think it is your monitor, but you can test it on another system, or try another monitor.

It will propebly go black due to invalid videoadapter settings, your refreshrate may be to high, or your driver is corrupt.

You can try to boot in safe mode (Hit F8 before windows loads, you will get a screen with some options)
In safe mode see if it also happands, check settings of you videoadapter, if you can not find anything wrong, try a resolution of 800x600, 256 colors, refresh rate of 60Hz. These are low settings any monitor can handel. Reboot and see what happends now.

If the screen is functioning again try to update the settings until your sadisfied and the screen still works.

If still no joy, the videoadapter should be re├Г┬пnstalled. If you need some more detailed info, just aak.

Have a nice day,
HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

For what it's worth, mine does the same thing. It's odd, but I haven't noticed any problems.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Esteemed Contributor

Few months ...

Can it be a dust problem?
That safe mode option works on change of settings and not on keeping idle for some months.
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Can you get a display if you start the OS in safe mode/VGA mode? If you can, I'd say you have wrong display or video card drivers installed...