Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving HP pavilion 8860 to a new case

Mike M_1
Advisor

Moving HP pavilion 8860 to a new case

hi,

i was wondering if the motherboard from my hp pavilion 8860 is a standard atx/ micro atx board and if the screw holes would match perfectly so that i can tranfer it to a standard atx case.I need more space in this case and better airflow, as this case is extremely cramped and not too upgrade friendly.

They look fairly standard, but i recall my friend once attempted to transfer a HP motherboard and had problems with the holes not fitting exactly.
1 REPLY
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Re: Moving HP pavilion 8860 to a new case

Hey, Mike.

Your motherboard is an ASUS board, so it should be directly pluggable into a comparable case.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=59404〈=en&cc=us&docname=bph06301

Going by the looks of the board, I'd say that it's a micro-atx.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=59404〈=en&cc=us&docname=bph06062

Sorry I can't tell you the ASUS model number of the board. But you should be able to open up the case and take a look. Enter that number somewhere into the www.asus.com site and you may be able to find out more info. (Good luck with that, their new website is a nightmare to navigate!)

I hope this helps!

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.