Operating System - Microsoft
1752591 Members
3670 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: My DVD is not responding

Siddharth Goutam

My DVD is not responding

Hi there I have a HP notebook dv1023ap...that has a Pioneer DVD Writer DVR-K14...

well my DVD writer works fine while reading CDS/DVDS but when i try to burn DVDs using NERO software i get power calibration error or write error...what do you think the problem is??

right now when i try to write a blank cd using hp software...the software doesnot read the blank cd it still keeps on asking me a blank cd...

is my DVD burner malfunctioning??

URGENT!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Wrong Forum:This will be moved.

You may try reinstalling the DVD writer driver.
Not necessary your drive is problematic.
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Esteemed Contributor

How about reinstalling your DVD drivers.
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

You could also try re-plugging the DVD drive if the driver re-installation doesnt work.
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
Siddharth Goutam

um...its a laptob...so i dont think i can re-plug my dvd writer

i tried re-installing the driver and everything but it still doesnot burn dvds...
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Sid,
The "medium speed error" and "power calibration error" messages are a problem that occurs with newer as well as older CD writers. These error messages mean that the CD writer can not write to the empty CD-R because it can´t adapt the laser output power to the power needed to write the CD-R. This may be have different causes that are discussed below and possible solutions are given.

1. Outdated ASPI drivers

If you are using the CD writing software Nero Burning ROM from Ahead then the first thing to do is to try and update the ASPI driver. This driver is the link between the software and the CD writer hardware.

You can download the most recent version of the ASPI driver for free from the Ahead website (www.nero.com). On the Ahead website you have to go to "Support => Utilities => ASPI Driver". You should find two different versions available for download:

* NEROASPIEN.EXE, an executable file that also contains a manual
* WNASPI32.DLL, the ASPI program library. This file must be copied to the Nero program folder.

2. Update the Drive firmware from
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-31831-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=437899&os=228〈=en

3. Uninstall & reinstall Software (NERO)

4. Try Different Media. CDR CDRW/ DVDR DVDRW, different Brands SONY, Moser Baer ... etc

Alternatively, You may also try a different software to burn Disc.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
James.