Operating System - Microsoft
1752772 Members
4859 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

My Keyboard Makes My Computer Freeze and it Doesnt Work!

cometopapa56

My Keyboard Makes My Computer Freeze and it Doesnt Work!

I need help with my keyboard problem, i dont know what is wrong with my computer.

When windows boots up and i try to type something with my keyboard everything freezes. I know its not the keyboard because i have used other keyboards that i know to work and the same thing happens, oh and my mouse works fine( i have to use the on screen keyboard its a pain!)

Could it be dust messing up my computer? or the port where the keyboard goes? please help! Thanks...
13 REPLIES 13
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Keyboard Makes My Computer Freeze and it Doesnt Work!

Are your keyboard and keyboard USB or PS/2?
Richard.Brown
Regular Advisor

I assume its PS2?

If it is USB, try another port, any difference? Try booting to safe mode, does it work then?
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what hardware? (pc, keyboard, mouse, monitor?)

Volkmar
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
cometopapa56

Its actually a USB keyboard..

and my problem is with the computer it freezes every time i press a key on my keyboard, and its not the keyboard that is messed up because i have tried several that i know work. I think that the port might be messed up or dirty...
Richard.Brown
Regular Advisor

try a different USB port, does it work then?

if not, try in safe mode.

report back!
cometopapa56

Ya i tried that and it didnt work.. i cant get in safe mode because when the computer starts i cant press F8, but if i find another way to get to safe mode what should i do when i get there?
Richard.Brown
Regular Advisor

oh so the keyboard doesnt even work to press F8?

and you have tried completely different USB ports, ie. if you are using the back, use the front or vice versa?

you said the mouse was working, is that USB?
cometopapa56

yea the mouse is USB, actually the keyboard and mouse are wireless, the mouse works but not the keyboard, and ive tried other keyboards which are wired in almost every USB port, i think it might be something wrong with the computer in reading the keyboard or something
petty01

Did you ever get a fix? I have the same problem. I can use the keyboard F8 to get into safe mode but as soon as windows boots and I press any key on the keyboard, everything freezes.