4) BSODs
5) poor video performance
6) irregular errors
7) general bad performance.
Phanos
Frequent Advisor

Re: My Laptop freezes while playing video

Alan,

I have just finished but the problem has not been fixed. The problem appears to still exist.

Should I return the pagefile back to "system manage size" or should I keep the settings as you described above.

Thanks for all,

Phanos
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Leave the swap file at 4095... you'll benefit other ways...

What are you using to play audio and video with? Have you tried an alternate program?

Also, have you tried changing the IRQ that the mouse is using to another, non-shared one?
Phanos
Frequent Advisor

Alan,

I am using windows media player, real player, powerdvd. All have the same effect.

I upload two files about my IRQ and the conficts/sharing from the sytsem information. I can not find the usb mouse IRQ.

Also how do you change the IRQ for a device?

Thanks,

Phanos
Sergio L
Occasional Advisor

was this issue ever solved? i am having the same problem and do not know what to do to resolve it.

i have tried all of the steps above
Phanos
Frequent Advisor

Sergio Lottimore,

do you own the same laptop as I am? I have the nx9110.

Phanos
Sergio L
Occasional Advisor

no, i own the pavilion zv5000

either way, were u able to find a solution to the problem? i have the exact same issue!
Phanos
Frequent Advisor

Dear Sergio Lottimore,

I am afraid so far I have not yet found a solution. I even contact HP about it and they told me to do a lot a thinks (including removing the partition of the hard drive and then reinstalling windows all over), but with no luck.

Eventually they told me to contact the local technical support in order to deliver the laptop to them and have it repaired since they believed that there is some hardware problem with the laptop.

I did not contact them since this will take a lot of time and the warranty has already expired for my laptop. Also I am not sure that the laptop is truly faulty since I have recently install linux on it and the problem does not happen there.

Finally I am not sure but perhaps the problem lies with the irq settings. There is conflict with the PCI to USB open host controller, the ATI Graphic card the bus controllers for cardbus and IEEE 1394. I was unable to test that however since I can not change the default irq settings for Windows XP.

Please let me know if you found anything so I can try it as well to see if that will also fix my problem

Thanks

Phanos
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Phanos:

Have you tried disconnecting the mouse and using only the touchpad? I'm assuming this model has a touchpad.

If that works, I would try disabling the touchpad while the mouse is installed.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Phanos
Frequent Advisor

Dear Roger Faucher,

only with the touchpad everything works great even if the mouse is connected but NOT MOVED.

I tried what you said but the touchpad is not allowed to be disable within the device manager so I unistall it and I tried again but the problem still occurs.

I have read somewhere that when a mouse share the same irq with other devices it can create problems.

What do you think?

Thank and have a great to you too,

Phanos