1752572 Members
4408 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need Help- I need to install winxp on Presario v6218

Swapnilamaind

Need Help- I need to install winxp on Presario v6218

HI there ,
I just purchased Compaq Presario v6218 .I have vista basic (os) on it .I want to install win xp on it
I need help ,is that possible to keep both OS on it

And how can I get winxp drivers?

Plz help me out !

Swapnil
2 REPLIES 2
Richard.Brown
Regular Advisor

Re: Need Help- I need to install winxp on Presario v6218

Do you specifically want to dual boot it with XP? It is possible, but will obviously reduce the space available on your HDD as it will have to be in 2 partitions, each with an OS on it.

XP drivers are on the HP site (drivers and downloads)
RAHULCOMPADDICTED

Re: Need Help- I need to install winxp on Presario v6218

I just purchased Compaq Presario v6218 .I have vista basic (os) on it .I want to install win xp on it
I need help ,is that possible to keep both OS on it

And how can I get winxp drivers?

Plz help me out !>

hey swapnil, u search whole internet nd u ll not find anythin useful of the sort. Ok well i guess ur prob is u have compaq v6218 and u have recovery dvd but as u d'nt have its installation dvd ur not able to install windows XP. Yeah its absolutely possible to keep both os using dual booting and without having vista installation dvd (having recovery disc) nd i m the right one to ask it.
luk u have to write new MBR and new BOOT.ini
Hey buddy if have the same prob as i mentioned above acknoledge me on my email cos i dnt wanna waste my whole article for nothin, gotcha? so do it nd ll mail u back. I surfed whole internet nd found nothin so at last i myself did some fab stuff and hurray it worked.I have the same v6218 tu.so mail me ya.