Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net use command

SOLVED
Go to solution
Neil Davis_2
Occasional Advisor

Net use command

After using the following net use command:

net use lpt1 \\print_server\itprinter /persistent:yes

to allow a 16 bit app to print to a networked printer via LPT1 I am not to sure on teh best way to reset this afterwards? is there a particular command? I am not to familiar with net use!

Any help appreciated!

Neil
4 REPLIES
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Net use command

Yes,
you can type NET USE LPT1 /DELETE
or NET USE LPT1 /DELETE /YES if you don't will confermation ask.

@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Neil Davis_2
Occasional Advisor

Great thatnks for that I will give it a go!!

Many thanks!
Neil Davis_2
Occasional Advisor

On running that will it revert back to it's original setting? i.e will the local printer then work as normal or will I have to install the printer again?
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Neil,
NET USE open or close only sharing; nothing is made on printer installation, etc.
However, printer has installed by windows (32 bit environment) while NET SHARE use 16 bit environment to MsDos compatibility.

Have a great day.
@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti