Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok to unistall webdmi,exe?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Smith_18
Occasional Visitor

Ok to unistall webdmi,exe?

Is there any reason why I should keep this on my 4 year old Armada M700 laptop?

My laptop is way out of warranty, and I don't see any need for this program which uses up system resources, trying to connect to the web.

Thanks for any advice.
4 REPLIES
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ok to unistall webdmi,exe?

Hi Robert,

I agree, you don't need it. Here is a link with more info:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1101754777694+28353475&threadId=175584

:-) Jay

check Facebook
Robert Smith_18
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jay. I read that prior thread, tried the http instruction, and it didn't work, with or without the <>.

Have you uninstalled or anyone else in this forum uninstalled the diagnostics and webdmi programs?

TIA, Bob
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Bob,

(Assuming win2k or winxp)

I have never uninstalled this utility, but Dell has a similar thing that can be uninstalled in Add/Remove Programs. I assume you have looked there. Also check the Startup folder for both your local account and the All Users account. It may not really be necessary to delete/uninstall this thing, as long as you can prevent it from starting up automatically.

Next I would R-click on My Computer > Manage > Services and Apps > Services. You should see the suspect in the list. Change the Startup Type to Disabled. Keep a written record of what you change, in case you need to change it back.

Please let us know.

:-) Jay
check Facebook
Robert Smith_18
Occasional Visitor

Thanks. Yea, I'm familar with the start up folder. I use a little utility calles startup.exe, and winpatrol.exe to disable files starting up.

Thanks for the follow up.

Bob