Operating System - Microsoft
1753826 Members
8742 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Outlook 2002 Help Needed

Travis Smith_2

Outlook 2002 Help Needed

hey people, i'm here trying to figure out how to do something in outlook 2002 here at work.

when bringing up your address book/contacts, if in the profile of one of your contacts you have both the email and fax# listed, then when displaying the list of your contacts in your address book it will list the person twice, once for the email, and once for the fax.

what i need is to find out a way to list the person only once in the address book, while still having both the fax# and email address in the profile.
3 REPLIES 3
Cheryl_8

Re: Outlook 2002 Help Needed

Hi Travis,

Well, I have EXACTLY the same problem. I'm glad to know that it's not just me. Have you figured out how to fix this? It's annoying, isn't it?

Please let me know if have any luck.

Thanks,
Cheryl
cls@chemicalsinc.com
Chakravarthi
Trusted Contributor

hi,

Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid e-mail addresses. If you want to be able to send both e-mails and faxes from Outlook, there's no solution to this issue.

If you are keeping the fax numbers just as a matter of record, though, and don't use them in Outlook, then you can choose one of the non-fax phone number fields to store the fax number information. Unfortunately, you can't change the names of the built-in fields; you would need to remember which field contains fax numbers.

Another approach is to put text in front of the fax number, such as "W: " for a work fax or just "Fax:"; this causes the number to disappear from the Outlook Address Book, but keeps it easy to see the number in the contact record or Contacts folder. Also see:

Tool to edit fax numbers to toggle a "Fax:" prefix

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/jcHideFaxNumbers.asp

regards
chakri
Chakravarthi
Trusted Contributor

Hi
check the following link,

this should give you some information

http://www.idviate.com/support/_disc/000000bc.htm

regards