Operating System - Microsoft
1753789 Members
7434 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavillion Modems and Windows ME

Greg Pernoud

Pavillion Modems and Windows ME

Why would you not supply the appropriate drivers for your installed modems on a new PC. I have returned one PC only to find out that the new one has the same exact problem!! You have cost me several days of aggrevation. The driver is not redially available on your site either. Difficult to find. I do not have it yet!! Were is it? I have a Pavillion 8766C and it has a Conexant modem and running Windows ME. Whatsupwiththat!!~!!~!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Re: Pavillion Modems and Windows ME

Just an FYI... This is a professional user forum and as such will not reach HP in the way that you might expect. The responses here are generally not from HP employees (but some are here on their spare time). The forums on the Pavillion site are directly monitored by HP folks though. You may get a better response at http://forum.support.hp.com:5050/main_pav_index.html#Current

There have been a number of comments posted regarding Windows ME. As I see it, the problem really stems from Microsoft. MS sort of jams their new software down the vendors throat with little time to be prepared otherwise. If a vendor does not immediately distribute the latest and 'greatest', MS will very quickly relegate the vendor to the bottom of the food chain. Although HP has a responsibility for the overall pc, they are probably waiting for Conexant to fix their modem drivers.
Ross Judd
Frequent Advisor

Re: Pavillion Modems and Windows ME

There is a update on this site go to HP services and enter the model # of your machine the go to update drivers and look for "Chameleon driver Update" that should update your modem and soundcard, or do what I did and scrap that hunk of crap and buy a ISA based modem like Zoom or US Robotics(those "Winmodems" i.e. PCI ones are not much good in my opinion,also invest in a new sound card while your at it.(SoundBlaster is good.) Good Luck
I'm not very happy with HP 6640c or this so called forum that has no answers to anything!