1751693 Members
4820 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power problem

Dave Sender

Power problem

Yesterday I moved my system from one room to another. After hooking everything back up I turned the power back on. Everything turned on with the exception on the computer itself. There is a green light on the back of the tower that flashes, but the unit will not turn on. What could the problem be? There is nothing in the troubleshooting section that addresses this issue. I tried several different outlets, event the outlet the computer had just come from, all had the same result.
5 REPLIES 5
DCE
Honored Contributor

Re: Power problem

When you try to power up does the fan on the power supply come on?

It sounds like the power supply went bad
Soujanya
Valued Contributor

Hello Dave,

The Green light on the back of the computer should glow Stadily. The Flashing green light indicates that there is some defect in the Power Supply unit. ( I am sorry but, I suspect that the power supply unit of the computer is gone bad). I would suggest you to contact HP if the computer is still in warranty.
Inorder to confirm, I would ask you to check connecting a Power Supply unit of another computer which has similar configuration as that of yours. If the computer starts with that Power Supply unit, it is clear that the power supply unit is bad.

Regards,
Soujanya.R

Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Dave,

It wounds like you have isolated t he problem down to the power supply pretty well. I would call the manufacturer of the system or take it back to the store you purchased it from and see if they can fix it.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
Dave Sender

DCE, The fan does not come on. After doing some additional checking, I agree with everyone that it sure sound like the power supply. Thanks.
Dave Sender

Thanks for your advice everyone. I also did some more research and agree with everyones opinion that it is a power supply issue. Thanks again.