6240 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Prob with thick client app on Citrix

Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Prob with thick client app on Citrix

We have Windows 2000 TSE
We are running a thick client app on this and we have a problem connecting to the application server. This is because all of the users are connecting from the same ipaddress, ie the ip of the Win 2000 server.

Any ideas how me might get around this without haveing to resort to having one citrix server per user! Or sacking all the staff!

We've tried specifying DNS in the hosts file of each user but the app still uses the server ip address.
6 REPLIES 6
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prob with thick client app on Citrix

Hi
There's no need to have one citrix server per user. As far as I know, you will either need to:
1.- change the Windows 2000 Server into Server Aplication mode
2.- or to install Citrix Server licensing for as many users as you need.
rgds.
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, but I dont see how this will give each user their own ip address!
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

You should publish the application in the server and connect to the server the application is installed in directly from each client computer, not from the server.
That is, access the application from the client computer.

regards.
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Edgar,

We will check this out.
I'm not sure wot u mean by your last comment.
We need to use our VB application through citrix, this VB app needs to use the software which is having this problem.

Thanks for you help
Edgar Zapata
Esteemed Contributor

If I got you right, yor client computers get access to the VB application thru Citrix. then, the VB app, uses a malfunctioning software. is that it?

let me think about it.
rewgards.
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Yeah thanks.

The VB app is on citrix, and must be there
It uses software which is a thick client and this is having a problem as its published through citrix and uses the ip address of the citrix server.

This causes a problem as this software will only allow one user per ip address logon to the database server