Operating System - Microsoft
1748183 Members
3634 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML115 G5 and Small Business Server 2008

dave w_1

Proliant ML115 G5 and Small Business Server 2008

Has anyone else come across an issue which stops SBS 2008 being installed (from a clean install) on a proliant ML115 G5?

The DVD boots fine and the first stage of the installation usually completes up to the 'naming of the domain' stage, then during the configuration stage the progress bar stalls (I left it for a day to check!) When I eventually give in and press the button, the machine will reboot to the desktop then present a help topic which tells me that there was an installation issue and a re-install is required!!!

All help is gratefully received, I am at the end of my tether (not an IT pro - small business man)

cheers
2 REPLIES 2
gmlwiz

I have installed from the SBS2008 boot disk but unable to do so from the Esy CD. I am using RAID 1 with 2 x 250g and a spare 160g.Are you using RAID?
dave w_1

After some hair pulling I managed to get it installed. I was using one HDD and did not have raid enabled - I changed the setting in the bios to enable RAID and set the disk as JBOD of one disk and it installed first time.

Just wish that someone had mentioned this (or that RAID was enabled as a default)

cheers