1752579 Members
4239 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant Microserver G7 Windows software problems

pete12
Occasional Contributor

Proliant Microserver G7 Windows software problems

I have acquired a used HP Proliant Microserver Gen7.  Recently I have tried to install on the server Windows 7 and Windows Home Server 2011on separate hard drives.  I have used a Rufus generated bootable USB keys to install both products.  The Gen7 bios ID is 41, the bios date is 7/29/2011.

During the install of both Win 7 and the Server I have left the Rufus USB plugged in the USB port.  Surprisingly, for both product, the server had finished the installation and immediately started reinstalling the software multiple times.  I had to interrupt install of both products manually.  I wound up with two instances of Win 7 and single instance of the Home server.  I have used separate empty physical hard drive for each product. 

I have never before seen such behavior.  By the way, during both installs I have left the Rufus USB in the port because it was not clear when one installation finished and the next started. 

Is that an usual behavior when using Rufus or is that a Proliant Microserver quirk or is there or am I missing something? Thanks for your kind help.

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant Microserver G7 Windows software problems

With reference to mentioned symptoms looks like it might be because Rufus USB left connected to port after installation.

If possible check by removing Rufus USB after the first installation.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo