1753448 Members
6316 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Question about Internt Explorer

Travis McClellan
Frequent Advisor

Question about Internt Explorer

First off, if this is not an appropriate question to be asking in this forum I apologize. I'm just looking for as many suggestions as to a solution to my problem as possible.

I have a user who is unable to reach the Net thru our network. I checed out the IE settings, the network settings, and even browsed around microsft's website a bit. I know I am missing something to check, but what? All of the other users we have seem to be fine. Thanks for all yur help.
1 REPLY 1
Brett Beggs
Occasional Advisor

Re: Question about Internt Explorer

There are a few things you might want to check.

1. Verify that the computer has a valid ip address (you can do this by going to a command prompt and typing ipconfig)

2. Verify that the client pc can ping external domain names and/or external ip addresses (from the command prompt, try this: ping www.yahoo.com) If you can ping this site, then you should be able to reach the address via IE.

3. I always recommend removing all the proxy settings (unless you are running a proxy server). You can acomplish this by clicking tools-internet options. Go tot he connections tab, then 'LAN settings'. Make sure everything is unchecked.

Let me know if this helps

-Brett-
Make something idiot-proof and the world will produce a better idiot.