1752796 Members
6013 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Quickplay Installation on XP

zagarino

Quickplay Installation on XP

Hey guys,

i downgraded to xp, and like you all know you have to create a unformatted/uncreated partition for quickplay to be installed on.
however this is not the problem.

as i installed quickplay on the partition designated for it. and it asked me to reboot.
when i did, i get a flashing cursor on the top of my screen and windows does not load, flashing cursor stays forever.

so i was told that there might be a conflict of i had the HD audio on my laptop. that quickplay or that particular version i was installing might have a conflict.

anyhow so i formatted again, and when i was in the windows setup, the partition for quickplay was labeled (E:) instead of (X:) which is what i created in windows.
Any suggestions on fixes for this issue.
3 REPLIES 3
zagarino

Re: Quickplay Installation on XP

anybody .. ??
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Flashing cursor is coming exactly at what point of boot. Post, loading OS??
Are you able to do the POST sucessfully?
this is required to know, if you have missing boot loader or issue is with hardware somewhere...........
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

you may also find this thread usefull

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=970117
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!