108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Receiving error message when booting into DOS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis Villagomez
Occasional Advisor

Receiving error message when booting into DOS

Inserted my Boot diskette, DOS 6.22, after it recognizes the DLT I receive an error message "Read BIOS parameter failed". Tried severval boot diskette, same results. Any suggestions? Thanks

I will try clearing out CMOS.
2 REPLIES 2
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Receiving error message when booting into DOS

Hi Dennis,

Did clearing out the CMOS help? You mentioned that everything is fine until the DLT drivers load. Have you tried booting without loading those drivers to make sure they are not causing the problem?

I would start by booting with a minimum of drivers, etc. See if the machine will boot to a simple DOS prompt without any CD or DLT drivers, himem, etc. If you can get the machine to boot with a minimal config, start adding your drivers back in to narrow down which one is causing the problem. If you can't boot with a basic config (command.com, io.sys, msdos.sys), start looking at BIOS, firmware, or other hardware problems.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Dennis Villagomez
Occasional Advisor

Re: Receiving error message when booting into DOS

I did clear out the CMOS and it did not correct the problem. So what I ended up doing is going through line by line in my config.sys and saw it stop when loading drivers for Ultra-Wide SCSI. Pulled out the card and it worked fine. I replaced the controller and it worked fine :)