Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Issues

Dave Cheeseman
Occasional Visitor

Recovery Issues

I am a summer student attempting to bring two HP Brio computers back to their original configuration. I am using the recovery CDs. Unfortunately my first attempt at recovery did not go well. All disk and CDrom activity stopped mid recovery and I left it for a while just to be sure. I retried the procedure but failed again. The partitions on the system had been changed from the original configuration so i tried to correct them using the Recovery CD however i am getting an "Invalid drive specification" error when attempting this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this issue.
2 REPLIES
Gordon Gidluck
Frequent Advisor

Re: Recovery Issues

This is the message you would get if the disk has not been formatted.

The HP recovery disks which I have used require you to get into the partition menu option two times; once to create the partition, once to format. At least the ePC disks are like that.
Peter Toldi_3
Regular Advisor

Re: Recovery Issues

Just try to partition you HD from a boot floppy and try your reovery CD again