1752796 Members
5623 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Restore "hp toolkit" toolbar to Explorer

Kevin Swan
Occasional Contributor

Restore "hp toolkit" toolbar to Explorer

Somehow I managed to lose the "hp toolkit" toolbar from my file explorer. This is the one that gives you enhanced tasks on the right side for dealing with digital images. Is there any way to restore the functionality without reinstalling everything off the recovery CDs? I found what looks like the directory (C:\hp\EXPLOREBAR) that has the program but I can't see how to reactivate it. There are various .bat and .reg files in the folder but they seem to be for removing the toolbar only. Is there a site where these things can be downloaded?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Windows based to Microsoft > general.

-HP Forum Moderator

Obsolete Account
3 REPLIES 3
dan leech_1
Advisor

Re: Restore "hp toolkit" toolbar to Explorer

go to my computer, then right beside the windows logo, right click on it. then a menu will appear. then select the toolbar. it should appear again
Kevin Swan_1
Occasional Advisor

I actually posted this to another forum also. Not good protocol, I know but it wasn't intentional, got confused between the Windows-based Workstations forum and the Pavilion forum as I hadn't been back here for a while. Usually I just lurk in the daily digest that comes via email.

Anyway, I solved the problem. Check out http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=679458 and you can read all about it.

Thanks anyway for replying. :-)
Go Eagles!
Kevin Swan_1
Occasional Advisor

Sorry won't let me assing points for some reason.
Go Eagles!