Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Display Color (Only two options - 2 colors 16 colors)

Vera Lucia
Occasional Visitor

Setting Display Color (Only two options - 2 colors 16 colors)

After formatted the HD and reinstall win98, I can't set the display color more than 2 or 16 colors.
How can I restore the correct driver for the onboard video-card?
On the Adapter Tab I read: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (Software Version 4.0 - Current files V.G.A.drv.*vdd) ?
3 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Setting Display Color (Only two options - 2 colors 16 colors)

Wrong forum. This is HP-UX. Try:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,116,00.html

Pete

Pete
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Issue #1: This is the HP-UX group not the M$ group. Lots of folks here would tell you to install Linux.

Issue #2: You need to go to the manufacturers web site and download the specific video drivers for your machine.
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Tell us more about your PC and your video. What model PC, is the video a separate card? If so what is the model number?

Your problem is that Win98 has not found a video driver which fits your video. We can probably point you to the correct driver but need to know the above since there are thousands of them.

Ron