108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Spool32 errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nathan Cockrum
Occasional Contributor

Spool32 errors

I have been researching Spool32 errors for a while now an I am starting to get tired of chasing my tail. I am funning a network of 300+ machines. O/S's include Win95, 98, 2k, NT. All machines go through Jet Direct cards to HP Laser printers of all sizes, shapes, and colors. Common software includes Mcafee 4.5.1, pcAnywhere, Acrobat Reader, Office 2k, etc. We encounter Spool32 errors on a daily basis. After turning off Mcafee the problems disappear. We would like to keep our virus shield up at all times. The most problematic module is GDI.exe. Micro's forums decode this as a problem with the processor. I do admit to having the most trouble with Celeron, but it is not exclusive to Celeron, we also run PI 200MHz machines. The numbers are not proportional, however. Celeron boxes encounter mre problems than PI machines.We have been unable to get help from Mcafee, HP, or Microsoft. I turn to you for any answers or sudgestions. I, along with my coworkers thank you.

Nathan C.
Sweet, I didn't know it could do that.
4 REPLIES 4
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Hi Nathan,

You've wandered into the HP-UX forum. Since your "O/S's include Win95, 98, 2k, NT", with no mention of HP-UX, I think you might have better luck posting in the Microsoft forum:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,116,00.html

Good luck,
Pete

Pete
Nathan Cockrum
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the speedy response. Sorry for the inconvienence.
Nathan Cockrum
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou Robert-Jan your response is much appreciated.

Nathan C.