Operating System - Microsoft
1753792 Members
4996 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System board extension for ACPI BIOS

stuart  rothman

System board extension for ACPI BIOS

I have a compaq presario 7360 win98se. I recently downloaded and installed a Rompaq updat #1 ver1.04 rev., from compaqs website.The problem is now in "Device Manager in the "System Device" section, there is a "!" in front of "System board extension for ACPI BIOS".When I go into properties/resources in the "conflicting device list" this is whats listed:

Memory range 00100000-178FFFFF used by:
Linksys LNE 100TX(v.5)Fast Ethernet Adapter

Memory range 00100000-178FFFFF used by:
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

I tried to do what the hardware troubleshooter sugested but when I tried to change the "memory range" setting it gave this message:

"This resource setting cannot be modified"

Has anyone also experienced this problem and if so had did you correct it?
Thank you Stuart
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Stuart:

I would remove and re-install the NIC and video drivers to see if that solves the problem. Before you do that, check the following web pages for newer drivers than what you have:

http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=2&osid=2

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_41.09

Hope this helps! If not, let us know.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the update might have placed a PCI Bridge in that controls (like shared control) across IRQ 11.

Look for driver updates from Compaq, and as Roger stated, try removing and reinstalling the devices.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
stuart rothman_1

sorry for taking so long to respond and thank you for responding.I unistalled the video card drivers then removed the pci video card. booted up then shut down.I reinstalled the video card with the latest drivers and it is still there, same as before.I removed the ethernet card because I wasnt using it anymore. When I go into properties for the video card in the conflicting device list there is nothing listed in it, but in the "System board extension for ACPI BIOS" conflicting resource list the video card is still listed. Is there anything that may work? thank you for taking the time to respond, stuart