Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB problems on T30 ce.net

SOLVED
Go to solution
kevin patterson_1
Occasional Visitor

USB problems on T30 ce.net

Hello All,

We are having problems connecting our sony or vivitar digital cameras to our T30's. when either of the 2 models are connected via usb we are prompted to " enter the name of the driver for this usb device". Has anyone else had any luck with usb cameras connected to a T30 thin client?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: USB problems on T30 ce.net

Kevin:

Try this site for WINCE updates:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/downloads/ce.net/wince/default.aspx

I believe Sony and Vivitar would have to have provided WINCE-specific drivers for this to work. Please post the specific camera models. Thanks.

Make a Great Day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Here's a good reference site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/ce.net/default.aspx

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
kevin patterson_1
Occasional Visitor

Camera models in question are the Sony DSC-P51 & the Vivicam-10. I am checking with Vendors to see if there is any driver support but as the vivicam is > $50 I am almost sure that I will be out of Luck.

ThankYou for the insight.

Kevin
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Kevin:

On Sony's support website, there is no mention of Windows CE support.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger