1753767 Members
5856 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Vista Premium - Updates from HP always blocked

fartsack

Vista Premium - Updates from HP always blocked

Hi,

After upgrading my HP M7330N to Vista Premium, Windows Defender is always complaining that "Updates from HP" is blocked. Is there an update for this application that's available for Vista ?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Fartsack,

(Like your user name.)

I'm taking a guess here. I think that maybe what it's telling you is that Windows Defender is blocking the HP program that checks for updates from accessing the internet, mis-identifying it as possible malware.

Are you given any choices, like Allow or Allow always?

Pat
fartsack

The only options that Windows Defender allows is 'Allow' or 'Don't Allow'. There is no 'Always Allow' option. So everytime I log in, I run into this issue.

thanks
/fartsack
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

That's gotta be really annoying.

I dumped the previous version (Microsoft Anti-Spyware, I believe it was called) after it slowed my XP computer to a crawl about a year ago and opted for a combination of Spyware Blaster and Spybot Search & Destroy instead.

Most software like this has an Always Allow setting somewher. This is such a glaring omission that I have to think Windows Defender has someplace to configure this.

Sorry,

Pat
fartsack

I've read that for issues like this on Vista, Microsoft requires the development company to produce an update of the application that is Vista compatible, and will not get blocked by the Vista firewall. I guess I'll just deal with this until there's a Vista-compatible version of the free ZoneAlarm firewall.

/fartsack