Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista fresh install on DV68xx

ericp_1
Occasional Visitor

Vista fresh install on DV68xx

I just bought a new DV6810US laptop with Vista Home Premium. I got rid of the backup/restore partition before I made my own installation CDs. I partitioned my HD and made backups of the drivers with some 3rd party utilities. I'm planning on fresh-installing Vista Home Business (just because I got it for free). I have done this before (with win998 and winXP), but I always end up having to look for a few of the drivers. I don't want to loose functionality of some of the utilities that came up with my laptop (like QuickPlay and the scrolling feature on the touchpad).
Has anyone done something similar on a newer Vista machine? How was it to get all the drivers back and working?
Any suggestions?
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't
1 REPLY
ericp_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: Vista fresh install on DV68xx

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I just installed vista Business and I did not have any problem at all. HP stored all the necessary software on the C drive, so I just made a copy on one of my other partitions and I was able to restore everything I needed.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't