New Discussion

WBEM Agents Server 2019?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dormi98
Visitor

WBEM Agents Server 2019?

I cannot find the HPE Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server 2019

all versions I can find are for Server 2016 or earlier. 

I tried to install the versions I found but it says that the OS is not supported and the installation stopped. 

Are the WBEM Agents not availible for Server 2019? How to fill the Insight Manager Homepage with data then?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
pragav
Valued Contributor

Re: WBEM Agents Server 2019?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in HPE community!

HPE System insight manager 7.6 is compatible with Windows server 2019 , and WBEM queries are taken care by WMIMapper tool which is avaialble in the download contents of SIM 7.6

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05350303

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Dormi98
Visitor

Thanks for your answer!

I installed the SIM 7.6 and the wmi mapper. 

The system management homepage stays empty. 

It still says: 

Install the latest version of HPE Insight Management WBEM Providers and/or HPE Insight management Agents.

Is there anything else I need to do?

pragav
Valued Contributor

Hi 

I believe SNMP community name is missing .

Open your services, locate the SNMP Service. Double click to open it. Select the Security Tab. Under "Accepted Community Names" it is likely blank. Click "add". With ReadOnly access enter community name "public". Click Add and then OK to close the windows. Then reboot and SMH should be OK.

Regards,

mikldk
Advisor

I dont get this.

The link you are providing, does not include Windows Server 2019.

Am I missing something here?

Kind Regards Mikkel Knudsen
Hollow_Martel
Occasional Visitor

Still no support download for WBEM Providers for Windows Server 2019
This is the latest version that just came out April last year. If you try to install it gives a unsupported OS message.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d552f21e56d441d3a2f9fed88e

Why so late getting support for 2019?  Specifically I want to use on a Hyper-V 2019.

I'd prefer the WBEM providers so i can query root\hpe

Dormi98
Visitor

Is there really no way to get the HP system management homepag running under Windows Server 2019? 

Does anyone know another way? 

I want to know about the status of my disks that are attached to a P400 smart array controller. 

SB6
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @Dormi98 

I see you mentioned P400 controller, this might be a HPE G5 or G6 server. 

Windows 2019 is not a cerifieid OS for this hardware, also HPE SMH or related agents has been depriciated., Windows 2016 is lasted supported OS on Gen9 or below platform.

You may install below HPE Smart Storage Administrator utility to see if detects storage controller to gather requested Drives health status.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_f03fe52db6774fc88847c1131a

The alternate option is offline method, where you could use HPE Smart Start CD and boot from it and verify embedded Array configuration utility in Smart Start CD and also during POST when P400 controller initialize you could try pressing F8 key to access Option ROM for Configuration Utility and verify health status.

Regards,

SB6!

I am an HPE Employee!

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Dormi98
Visitor

Thank you SB6
That did it! 
I think I allready had installed the HPE Smart Storage Administrator, but did not see it. 
Just installed it again and then found it unter Windows System in the start menu. 

Perfect now I can check if my disks are alle fine - all I need. 

Vador
HPE Pro

Hello,

Adding a note as a reference for future queries. WBEM, SMH, and Insight Manager are supported only on HPE ProLiant Pre-Gen10 and Pre-Windows Server 2019.

Regards,

Nirav

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo