1752426 Members
5669 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What OS do you like best?

Mark Prado
Occasional Contributor

What OS do you like best?

Well there are quite afew differnt Microsoft OS anywhere from 95, 98 FE, 98 SE, Windows 2000, XP ect... witch OS system do you find the best as far as user friendly? Me personal i use Windows 2000 Pro and i have seem to enjoy it very much. I came from 98 to 2000 and i learned 2000 with in a few hours. But am a tech and as i did things using the new XP OS i found it a little high tech it seems all to good to be true. But thats me, tell me what you think? and witch OS you like best?
"What comes around, goes around!"
7 REPLIES 7
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Hi ,

Linux RedHat 8
Windows 200 Pro
HP-UX 11i
Solaris 9

Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Sorry..... a typing mistake
Linux RedHat 8
Windows 2000 Pro + SP3
HP-UX 11i
Solaris 9

Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

OK..... Most to least favorite

Microsoft:
2000 W/SP3
NT4 W/SP6a
XP W/SP1

UNIX:
RH LINUX 8
HP-UX 11.0
RH LINUX 7.x

Top Choices right now:
Win 2000 for Desktop.
RH 8 for Server. (unless stuck using ASP pages, then it's 2000 Adv. Server.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Robert_134
Advisor

Yep.... Windows 2000. Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server. It's all I need for a network. The O/S is stable and compatible. Oh yeah... most of all, MS 2000 products don't require an online registration which is a real pain in the nose.
Trevor Lacey
Frequent Advisor

Windows XP is by far the easiest to install, set up, and use, but Windows 2000 is nice for networking.

When in doubt, go for Linux! ;)
Shut up and reboot!
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Having worked in all the Microsoft OS.

I feel that Windows2000 looks very good.
Xp is not performing so well.

Thanks
David Holbrook
Regular Advisor

Win2000 Pro is very stable, and works well. Next best is Win NT 4.0, SP6. I do not like the XP software because of all the problems associated with the new protection system which is keyed to your hardware system. XP also does not run some of the older software. You can become dead in the water with XP if you have to make many hardware changes (new Hard drive, net card, etc.) I would not recommend anyone go back to Win 95 or 98 when Win2000 is so much more stable and easy to use, even if you do not need all the bells and features it offers. David