Operating System - Microsoft
1752795 Members
5985 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why doesn't my command prompt work properly anymore....in the blink of an eye....it's gone.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Deck Shuey
Frequent Advisor

Why doesn't my command prompt work properly anymore....in the blink of an eye....it's gone.

Hi Folks - more problems. Since I'm a self taught computer user & haven't been at it for too long...sometimes I spend several hours trying to learn more.

I was messing around where you click on start & then run & then you type in a command prompt such as ipconfig, ping, etc.

I have done this in the past....& when I clicked on the command (for example, "ping") it would show me this information.

But now when I type in and click on any command prompt....the info comes up for like 1/2 of a second & then goes away way too fast for me to read any of it.

Anybody know what might be causing this & how to fix it?

As always - I would appreciate any answers, suggestions, comments. THANKS
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Why doesn't my command prompt work properly anymore....in the blink of an eye....it's gone.

The correct way is to run "cmd" and a window pops up. Then you can run whatever command you like.
You can run commands like regedit that provide their own window.
Deck Shuey
Frequent Advisor

Re: Why doesn't my command prompt work properly anymore....in the blink of an eye....it's gone.

Thanks Dennis - I had forgotten about that - now I get it again.