Operating System - Microsoft
1752772 Members
4967 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows 2019 w gui will not install on DL380 Gen10

Louie_A

Windows 2019 w gui will not install on DL380 Gen10

good morning! i am trying to install windows server 2019 with gui on a new DL380 gen10 machine using intelligent provisioning.  Before I updated the version of IP i couldnt even get it to recognize the iso file on the USB drive. I then upgraded based on what i found on a similar thread. this got me a little farther were i could set install info but when the iso would load i would get a message stating "Windows cannot find the license terms please verify you have valid installation media"

upon researching this message i see it is common when installing VMs due to dynamic memory not allocating enough at startup. as this is a physical machine, dynamic memory is not used. i further read that for physical machines, its a sign that not enough RAM is installed. Not the case as this box has 192 GB installed and recognized by the IP system. This issue so far has only occurred when using IP. The gui based iso is too big for a regular dvd but i did burn a dvd of the core only iso and that booted without issue. I have a usb blueray burner being ordered and i think that will most likely work but Id like to know how to avoid this issue using IP

1 REPLY 1
pragav
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 2019 w gui will not install on DL380 Gen10

Hi Louie,

Thank you for sharing your query.

We have added support for Windows Server 2019 in the latest version of Intelligent provisioning i.e. 3.21. Please update the Intelligent Provisioning of your servers to latest version using Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen10.

You can download the latest version from:- https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2d930b0cd2224d8b8dc3407f20#tab3

You can find installation instructions in the same web link.

You can refer to release notes for more information:- https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00058566en_us

In case you need any further help or assistance on this issue, please log a support ticket, so that appropriate resources can be engaged to assist you further.