Operating System - Microsoft
1752585 Members
4341 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows HP Professionnal

Jordan_20

Windows HP Professionnal

I just buy a HP Pavillon zd 7000. I have installed my own Windows HP Pro version.

.... and no response on USB ports !!!

Does it exist a solution for this problem ?

Thanks

Christian Jordan
4 REPLIES 4
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Jordan,
With windows HP you probebly mean a windows version that was enclosed with a HP system. But what version of windows is it? win2000 prof. or winXP prof?

If it is win2000 prof, do a windows update and install ServicePack4, delte the USB devices out of devicemanagement and reboot, they will be recognized again.
With WinXP I would install ServicePack1 and do the same.

to go toe devicemangement and delete the USB devices do the following:
1. Rightclick My computer and choos manage
2. Select devicemanagment on you left, then you see all sorts of devices, like displayadapters and USB devices should be there to.
3. remove all USB ports and Hubs, by rightclicking them and select 'undo installation'
4. Check if there are any unknown devices listed (Icon is a yellow questionmark) and see if there are USB devices listed there, also uninstall them.

HTH,
Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
JAMES BOYD_2
Occasional Advisor

windows update didn`t recognize or find a driver.so searched the for suspected driver both here on the forum and on the net but still the usb in all ports don`t respond as they did earlier.

i have responded to several posts on this and why hp won`t let customers reinstall the OS as a standalone.instead they leave you with driver that only hp maintains.
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

james- I seriously doubt HP would do that, but reguardless it's not fodder for these forums.

check device manager, look for yellow question marks, yellow exclamation marks or Red Xs.

remove these devices and redetect them.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

Christian,

Is there a possibility to switch off the USB support on BIOS ?
Please check.

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !