1753519 Members
4852 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows Server 2022 is GA Today!

mhardi01
HPE Blogger

Windows Server 2022 is GA Today!

News is out on the Public GA of Windows Server 2022. Here’s the announcement blog from the Microsoft product team <link to Microsoft blog>.

The release of Windows Server is a significant and cherished happening every few years, kind of like the Euro Cup or the Olympics. I don’t know if there’s any craziness up in Redmond similar to the Olympic Village, but I do know that here in the Microsoft Storage Solution team, this is a big deal worthy of at least a party.  But it’s also an emergence that kicks off a lot of work. We’ve authored over a dozen Storage tech-related publications on Windows Server and key associated technologies like PowerShell, Window Admin Center and Files Services.  Many can be found through our Solution page at HPE.com/Storage/Windows.  We plan to update many of these beginning this month.

So what’s in the new Windows Server 2002?  Microsoft has updated the product page as of this morning <link to windows server page>.   They are talking up enhanced security, and among the new features you’ll see HPE taking a particular interest in is Secured Core. And Hybrid cloud functionality is a big talking point as well, though these capabilities span the Windows Server bits, Windows Admin Center – for which we’ve been developing Storage Extensions – plus software like Azure Arc.

There are many specific new features and enhancements coming in this new OS version, but I won’t steal anyone’s thunder. Our own Chris Lionetti is in the process of publishing an expert blog on the ‘Around the Storage Block’ on or about Sept 14, so watch that space to learn more of the details you need to know.

All of our current HPE Storage platforms will have Windows Server 2022 support, and a few are already in the catalog in time for the public GA including our Alletra 6000 and HPE Nimble storage, the HPE Apollo 4200 as well as the HPE Apollo 4510 storage systems. You can see these listings in the Windows Server Catalog.

It’s being said this is one of the quietest Windows Server launches ever, as it doesn’t seem to be meriting a lot of hoopla at a major event like Microsoft Ignite. But maybe that’s more a function of the pandemic than its importance, as it is getting its own online launch event: Windows Server Summit which takes place September 16.  Join this free digital event to learn all about it – register here: <link to Windows Server Summit reg page>

In the meantime, go out and eval the new Windows Server 2022 for yourself. 

Mike Harding | Microsoft Solutions Product Management
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
8 REPLIES 8
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows Server 2022 is GA Today!

Thanks to share.

I Haq
Mirko1

Is there a web site toi request downgrade of an HPE Windows Server 2022 ORK kit ?

I have found only options to dongrade HPE OEM 2019.

Thanks,

Mirko

mhardi01
HPE Blogger

Hello Mirko - I forwarded your note to a couple colleagues that work in the Compute business unit who are closer to that Windows licensing business. They may be out for the holiday, so I'm not sure how quickly they will reply. If you have an urgent need I would recommend opening a Support ticket. Mike H.

Mike Harding | Product Management, Microsoft solutions
650-739-3695 michael.harding@hpe.com
Field/Partner resources on HPE Storage Solutions for Microsoft at MSFTStorage.com<>
Mirko1

Thanks,

Ciao,
Mirko Meoni
meoni@proelia.it - Mob +39 3343776194
Proelia Sistemi S.r.l. www.proelia.it
Via dei Casini, 58a - 59100 Prato (PO) Tel +39 0574 630054
P.IVA e Cod. Fisc. 01988380976 Reg. Imp. Prato REA n. 489720 Cap. Soc. € 30.000,00 i.v.
Nicolas_Valeije

Hello Have you ever got a link to get the Windows 2022 ROK from HPE?

Mirko1

Yes, received!

Thanks,

Mirko Meoni
Nicolas_Valeije

Is it a public link? i'm looking for it too.

mhardi01
HPE Blogger

Here's where to buy Windows Server 2022 from HPE, as well as a link to someone who can provide related info  https://buy.hpe.com/us/en/software/operating-systems/windows-operating-systems/microsoft-windows-operating-systems/microsoft-windows-server-2022/p/1013607898