Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP with HP Ultrium 230 LTO

James Mathews
Occasional Visitor

Windows XP with HP Ultrium 230 LTO

I have been using the Ultrium 230 backup device on my XP machine for backing up a network attached storage file server. The back up software was NTbackup( not my best idea to use standard backup software).
It was working fine, even restoring a large Library database but since this restore I can not longer get and of the data off my tapes !!
This has cause me great dispair( as you can imagine )
It does now appear as if the ntbackup software has created a tape block size that is not recognised.
I have tried using Veritas backup to retreave the data and NovaT both with no luck.
Microsoft say use the latest driver from HP and HP say use service pack 1 for XP( not released yet).
Does anyone have any suggestions they could send my way as I have now lost the original data which I can't restore from the tapes.
Thank you.