1748032 Members
4927 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Winxp CMOS

truong_6
Occasional Contributor

Winxp CMOS

I receive 01 laptop from my office. it is setup password on CMOS, I would like to change it but I do not know how to access CMOS.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Re: Winxp CMOS

What is your system (brand and model) ?
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

When you switch on the PC, keep on pressing the F10 key or the Del Key or F2 key. look at the bottom of the screen on the left corner of the screen, you should see something like Press ? key to access the BIOS Setup or something like that?

You have to know the CMOS password to into it. Get the password from the person who gave you the Laptop.

Let us know if you have more questions.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

most of the time you can reset the bios password by removing the cmos battery (not the big one that drives the laptop, but the small watch-sized one inside). get a good screwdriver and start tearing it down.

it's either in a very accessable place (like behind a memory cover) or in a VERY hard to reach place. look for a plate shaped object (either silver or coated in srinkwrap with 2 wires extending out) about an inch in diamater.

keep a log of which parts go where, as compaq and HP were both bad about using strange screw configurations.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.