Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't print Word '97 document

Chris Aye
Occasional Visitor

Won't print Word '97 document

Recently installed an HP Photosmart C8100. It will print some file formats for me, but I can't get it to print a MS Word '97 document. It sits in the printer queue in a "spooling" status. It prints test pages, .pdf's, photos..just can't get the Word documents to print.
4 REPLIES
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Re: Won't print Word '97 document

What program are you trying to print the document with?
Abell Romo
Occasional Advisor

If you installed the PCL driver, try installing the PostScript driver instead.
Chris Aye
Occasional Visitor

"If you installed the PCL driver, try installing the PostScript driver instead."

I simply used the set up program that came with the printer...how can I check what driver was installed?

Many thanks!
valleybrook
Occasional Visitor

Hello Chris,

Did you get the problem solved? I have exactly the same issue with an HP Photosmart C4680.