Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Alarm Pro

John Waterman
Occasional Contributor

Zone Alarm Pro

I am using ZA Pro in combination with Norton Antivirus on an Hp Pavilion 9870 running XP Home. After putting it in sleep mode, I come back to 100%cpu useage and often have to do an ungraceful exit (read pull the plug!)to get a reboot. Closing ZA Pro seems to solve this. No help at all from Zone Labs.
2 REPLIES
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: Zone Alarm Pro

Norton and ZA both run at High Priorty, at some point they might be atempting to get more time resources than the system allows for each. Alternatively, NAV may be scanning the ZA log file each time it is updated. You could disable "outgoing" files being scanned to solve this...
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
John Waterman
Occasional Contributor

Re: Zone Alarm Pro

Thanks, I will give this a try.
John