Operating System - Microsoft
1752779 Members
6215 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: about my new HP xt938

brian_43

about my new HP xt938

I recently purchased this computer and decided to format the hard drive because I am not to fond of Windows XP. So i decided to put in windows 98 but I don't have any of the drivers from before. I have recovered many of them however I am looking for the onboard sound and ethernet drivers. I can't find these anywhere. Does anybody know where I can locate these to download? Please help me out.

-Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
In the hardware manager the hardware should be identified. Go to the homepage of the mobo vendor ( i do not believe it is HP ).
There you should find the drivers for your onboard hardware.
If you cannot identify, hwo built the mobo, check it with the FCC#. With this number you should be able to get the necessary info from the FCC homepage.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
brian_43

I went to the ASUS web site, the site for the mobo and I couldn't find the drivers for my ethernet or sound adapter on my mobo model: A7V-VM. Any other advice for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

-Brian
Tony_64
Valued Contributor

Brian I have all Windows 98SE drivers for your machine, go here to download the zip file

http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/uploads14/20091.html

Tony