New Discussion юеВ

Re: bios locked

SOLVED
Go to solution
lawrenzo
Trusted Contributor

bios locked

Hello,

can anyone help, I have locked the administor bios passwd on my personal pc - I managed this by entering a password then deciding not to use a password - when i went back into the bios it requested a password - I used no password, and also the original passowrd I entered - is there anyway around this?

Thanks
hello
8 REPLIES 8
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What model do you have?
Do you have the documentation of your main board? Sometimes there is a jumper to set.

greetings,

Michael
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor
Solution

Michael's right.... usually there is a jumper on the motherboard that will reset your bios password (check in your system manual for the location).

Worst case method is to disconnect the system from power, and remove the CMOS battery for about 30 seconds.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
ranthony2cfl.rr.com
Regular Advisor

Jon's answer is the right and recommended solution from classes. Pull the battery and all is forgiven.
vitam largo et Deus omnipotens
Craig Roberts_1
Trusted Contributor

If you don't like cracking the case, you can use the KILLCMOS utility, available from http://www.utilitygeek.com/details.php?fileid=82.

HTH
lawrenzo
Trusted Contributor

Thnx to everyone
hello
Pedro Pinto_2
Advisor

I don't want to sound rude but are you teaching people how to remove BIOS passwords? Who knows if it is their units and not a stolen one! Helping is good but this kind of help i think it should not be given.

Best regards

Pedro Pinto
Christopher Svirsky

I ran the KillCMOS program in DOS and my computer restarted and just keeps beeping over and over again and again. It will not load anything, I have no access to the DOS Prompt, BIOS, and it doesn't load windows! how can I fix this?
lawrenzo
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments!!
hello