Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

booting problems with evo n800v

nasirl
Occasional Visitor

booting problems with evo n800v

hello I have an evo n800v out of warranty now and everytime I try to start the computer it comes with the message 1782 disk controller failure and computer fails to boot. it I let it sit as it is for a while and when the fan has been running for a while usually 10 mins and then if I shut the computer and restart it start and then runs fine.
3 REPLIES
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Re: booting problems with evo n800v

Hi nasirl
Looks like one of the contacts is not 100%, if it getets a little warm things expand a little, when that happens the contact is restored, so it seems.

this can be cause by a faulty Hard disk or motherboard, if it is the Harddisk it may be worth to replace it, if it is the motherboard you may be ale to find a cheap one on ebay or something simular, replacingit with an new one is very expensive if it is still possible.

You can ask a computershop or some one that has another laptop HD to test this for you.

Have a nice day,
HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
nasirl
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Ronald for your time and effort for the reply.

I will try changing the HD first and if it does not fix the problem, I will not bother with the motherboard it is not worth it.

Thanks again for your reply
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Your welcome
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"