3420 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

central achieve storage

Sen_6
Super Advisor

central achieve storage

hi,
i am currently using outlook and storing my emails in pst files. Is there any software that will allow multiple users to view emails in my pst files at the same time?
thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: central achieve storage

Sen:

This is possible with Microsoft Exchange Server. If you're talking about a small home/business network where the cost of Exchange Server would be prohibitive, you could use Remote Desktop Connection (or VNC) so others could connect to your system over the LAN and then open your Outlook and view your mail. Unless everyone is running WINXP or WIN2K, this wouldn't work.

HTH

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Sen_6
Super Advisor

thanks but Exchange server and VNC will not solve my problem
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Sen:

You may want to define your problem more clearly.

Happy New Year!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Sen_6
Super Advisor

my problem is to find a software that will allow multiple users to view emails in my pst files at the same time.
do you understand?
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Sen:

That WAS my understanding. My confusion comes from your statement that Exchange Server "will not solve my problem". It could solve the problem you describe. If you don't want to use it for some reason (such as prohibitive cost), please just say so. Don't confuse other readers by implying that it won't work for technical reasons. If you believe it won't work for technical reasons, why not share your reasons why you believe this. Shouldn't you put at least as much energy into solving your problem as we who are trying to help? ;-)

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Sen_6
Super Advisor

ok. Exchange Server will solve my problem, but i cannot use it due to its high cost .