1752577 Members
4513 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: enable advanced printing features unchecks at re-boot

david mingia
Occasional Contributor

enable advanced printing features unchecks at re-boot

I thought the issue might disappear when i went to a new server but lo and behold : Each time I reboot my enable advanced printing features box becomes unchecked. Am I rthe only one that has this happen ????
10 REPLIES 10
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

David:

Does this happen for all printers or only certain ones? Does it happen at the server or at the clients? What is server OS/client OS, including SP? Is this an Active Directory domain? If yes, do you use Group Policy?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
david mingia
Occasional Contributor

Does this happen for all printers or only certain ones? all printers
Does it happen at the server or at the clients? at the server
What is server OS/client OS, including SP? pure windows... server is 2k and clients are 2k and xp SP and updates are done weekly on all systems.
Is this an Active Directory domain? If yes, do you use Group Policy?yes it is and we do but nothing that is relevent to printers

in the driver (on the server setting as you set defaults for that printer) you can specify enable advanced features (colating and some other stuff) I set it and apply but each time i reboot the server the default goes back to unchecked. I have updated drivers and even the server and this little headache remains. I do my best to keep drivers upto date... mater of fact i will do that again after i forward this :) I have had the issue for three years :(
david mingia
Occasional Contributor

PS
Postscript
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

David:

Do you also update the server (s)? Have you installed SP4 and the final rollup? See:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/rollup.asp

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
david mingia
Occasional Contributor

Yes. Everything is updated and it did it again this weekend after reboots. I can't believe I am the only one with this issue. The driver holds settings like "hold mismatched documents"
david mingia
Occasional Contributor

I am still looking for an answer. Anyone else see this? is there a solution or is this another feature of windows?
Paul Homer

Greetings fellow IT diva's!

We have this issue as well; however we are running server 2003 and XP clients. I have to manually check the boxes for about 40 printers after every reboot. I suspect I may have RSI in my index finger and the server room mouse now get's jealous when I visit the IT suite.

Any help would be gratefully received and will aid with the mediation sessions with the mouse.
Don't Think You Are - Know You Are
Paul Homer

Just thought.... are you using any print manager software? We use Print Manager Plus.
Don't Think You Are - Know You Are
James Noffsinger

Print manager plus is the cause. Here is a link to the explaination.

http://www.softwareshelf.com/files/supportFAQView.asp?ID=2556