Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.fbw file problem

pracas upreti
Occasional Visitor

.fbw file problem

Dear Sir ,

I'm sorry to inform you about the problem I have faced in HP Laptop. Recently I faced the biggest problem in my HP DV6500 laptop, that i had backup files in external drive, i formatted the laptop , when i completed formatting it , after wards i again made partitions from disk management, When i copied some important files to E drive , i found the same contents in drive D , i SHIFT DELETED the folders & files from D , when i opened the drive E , i found nothing inside it, i tried several data recovery software to recover files , i didnt find anything and all were useless.

Later on when i was going to open my laptop on safe mode , it showed BOOTMGR missing, and i was unable to open my laptop, again i inserted the recovery disk and i backuped files in external drive, i completed factory reset on my laptop, i tried to backup files from the external drive , i was unable to backup, there are two files one is Backup.1.exe and another is Backup.2.fbw , i have tried FBW watcher tool to extract then also i'm unable to get my files back.

I dont know this may be problem of HP backup and restore or may be problem of VISTA, i was a satisfied VISTA user but finally it has broken all the things in my life.

I have already contacted HP support , but just i got automated reply mail. I;m HP user from many years and also I was satisfied from it but finally the problem struck on my luck

Pracas Upreti